5.05.2011

4 Years Ago


4 years ago today, I slept in.  I don't know if I ever told you that.  I woke up in a panic, cursing myself, "so much to do!!" I thought, "of all days to sleep in!!"  I rushed into the bathroom, turned on the shower and saw your shampoo, your shower gel, your razor and suddenly.....I was ok.

"Today I marry him" I thought to myself, "today I actually marry him."  I loved the way your razor looked next to mine.  Like it was in it's rightful spot, that there was no other place it belonged then right there, next to my pink, plastic, girly razor.

I wanted to call you at the hotel right then and tell you just how much I loved you but we had decided not to talk or see each other until the ceremony.

It sounds silly, but most days, when I step into the shower, I think about that morning, then about you and how much I love you.

Sometimes, just when I think I can't love you more, you do something to prove me wrong.  I'll walk in on you reading our son a book, you'll reach for my hand in the car, you'll tell me to "sleep close tonight" right before you wrap your arms around me and fall asleep, you'll dance with the mariachi band at the hole in the wall Mexican joint, you'll walk across the room and kiss me for no reason, and every time......every time, my heart swells a little more.

I can't imagine a better day to tell you how much you mean to me, how much I love you and how happy I am that I have this life with you.  I love you when drive me crazy, I love you when I'm furious, I love you when you make me laugh, I love you when you push me to reach my goals.....I love you.  And thank you, thank you, thank you for loving me back.

Happy Anniversary.  I look forward to many, many more years of your razor next to mine.........


No comments:

Post a Comment