10.24.2012

Kathryn & Gerald: Regency at Dominion Valley Wedding


I first met with Kathryn to discuss her wedding while she was on Spring Break from her senior year at Virginia Tech.  She was polite, friendly, mature (wise beyond her years really) and armed with good questions.  She impressed me so much that I left our meeting secretly hoping she would decide to book me for her wedding.  When she did book me, I got to know more about she and Gerald and the pieces started to fall into place.

Here is a couple who met fresh out of high school, and not only maintained a long distance relationship but somehow grew stronger over distance and time.  While Kathryn attended college at Virginia Tech, Gerald was stationed at Ft Bragg in NC and even sent to Iraq for 8 months.  How can you not mature faster than your years while enduring something like that?

It was an honor to be asked to document their love and I'm so excited to see what the future has in store for these two!  For now, enjoy a sneak peek of their beautiful day at Regency at Dominion Valley.


Kathryn received her gorgeous dress for FREE through a program called Brides Across America.  This program provides a free wedding dress to anyone marrying an active duty military member (or a Bride that is active duty military herself!).  What an amazing program!!!












Cuteness overload, my friends.  Loved these tiny attendants!



I love the high fiving action.  I know it seems like I've been posting a lot of "fun" bridal party shots lately.  I do them at every wedding but my last few weddings have had some pretty creative bridal parties :)







Kathryn made the table numbers from a branch that was knocked out of her Grandmother's tree during a storm.  She has the wood burning scars to prove it!



Gerald's younger cousin sang their first dance song.  Not sure if she's auditioned for American Idol yet, but she should.....like soon.  I don't know if it was the pure beauty of her voice, or my pregnancy hormones but I was definitely a teary eyed mess behind my lens.




Possibly the most epic garter catching I've witnessed.  these guys were not messing around.




Venue: Regency at Dominion Valley in Gainesville, Va
DJ: Belt it Out Productions
Bridesmaids Dresses: Alfred Angelo
Florals: Manassas Flower Gallery
Cake: Cakes 2 Design

2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely amazing!! I couldn't help but smile big! Thank you for everything and all your hard work! I love them and can't wait to see the rest.

    Thank you very much!
    ~Kathryn & Gerald

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos and an awesome wedding/reception event. Congrats Kathryn & Gerald.

    Once again, thanks for the partnership Heather!

    ReplyDelete